Windows 10 is the best operating system of all time. It’s fast, it has a lot of great features and it looks really good too. The only problem with Windows 10 is that there are some viruses out there that might infect your computer without you knowing about it. This blog post will list what we think are the best antivirus programs for Windows 10 so that you can protect yourself from those pesky viruses.
Do I Still Need Antivirus Software With Windows 10
Security is always a major concern for any operating system. Windows is no exception, with many vulnerabilities and malware that need protection from antivirus software.
This question comes up often: do I still need an antivirus program on my computer running Windows? The answer to this question is “it depends.” While it’s true there are more protections built into the newest releases of Windows than ever before, these measures are not 100% foolproof against every security threat out there.
That means you should always run some form of antiviruses software while using your PC – even when it’s running newer versions of Windows like Windows 10.
We recommend installing one of the following free or paid (for added features) Antivirus Software Programs below in order to keep yourself safe from malicious.
Bitdefender is a Romanian company that specializes in antivirus software. They are ranked as one of the best security providers by many different review sites and events, and their products have been awarded numerous “Best Buy” ratings from both PC Magazine and AV-Comparatives.
- 24/7 tech support.
- Regular updates.
- Comprehensive protection for PCs, Macs, and Android devices.
- It’s not free. The standard Bitdefender Antivirus costs $39 per year with a one-year license or $59 bucks with a two-year license. Thankfully there are also plans that offer unlimited licenses for more money.
Norton AntiVirus has been developed by NortonLifeLock since 1991 and is currently among the most widely distributed antivirus solutions. The program detects and removes spyware, viruses, trojans, worms, adware/spyware, and other malicious software from a computer system. It can also detect unsafe websites that may attack.
- It-Easy to download and install and use.
- Features a quick scanning mode for faster malware detection.
- Good customer service and live chat support.
- Norton offers free add-ons to the antivirus software.
- A little bit expensive at around $84.99 a year.
- The updates are not automatic and require the user to update manually which could be an inconvenience for some users.
- The interface of this anti-virus can be complicated to learn for newcomers.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a proprietary, industry-leading antivirus program developed by Kaspersky Lab. Since 1997, the company has been developing antivirus programs to protect.
- Great for pc and mobile users.
- 30 days free trial.
- Automatic updates.
- One of the more affordable antivirus programs available with a yearly subscription price at $53.99.
- No 24/7 customer support.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus has solid performance in independent tests and offers a quick full system scan. It has a simple interface and includes parental controls. It’s not our favorite, but it costs less than $50 per year for an individual license.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus features include CyberCapture – Anti-Phishing technologies to protect against malicious websites, ESET Parental Control that offers protection from online threats like malware.
- The antivirus has a professional design and user-friendly interface.
- 30 Days money-back guarantee
- 24/365 technical support.
- The scanner is slow, especially on large directories.
The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 is Bitdefender. This antivirus program has been around since 2001 and they have a lot of fans out there because it does what antivirus should do: protect your computer from viruses. It’ll cost you a little bit more than the other programs, but if you value your information then this might be worth the investment to make sure that hackers don’t get their hands on any sensitive data.